Halloween Party

We had a Halloween party at our house this weekend. Mark spent the last week and a half decorating our house with spider webs, spiders, bats, ghosts, skulls, flickering lights, etc. A couple of the kids were frightened when they walked through our door. He also made a disturbing punch bowl featured above that was a hit. We ate pizza and played games and most people dressed up. It was a lot of fun.

This last week I was trying for about a half hour to get Lewis to stay in his chair and eat his breakfast. This is a constant battle we have at every meal, every day. I finally told him if he did not stay in his chair until he was finished eating he would have to sit on the naughty step. He then told me that he didn’t want to be my boy anymore and that he was going to run away and be Tami’s boy. I told him if he ran away I would run after him because he is my boy. He said I couldn’t come because my babies would miss me. I told him I would just have to bring them with me. He finally decided it would be easier to just stay home. It was so funny though that he had decided where he would go and what he would do. Where do kids come up with this stuff? It did remind me of that book I read to him called the Runaway Bunny. It played out very similarly. Maybe that is what gave him the idea. He pulled the same thing this afternoon when he did not get his way.

Last week I told him Colby is going to be the The Flash for Halloween. Later he was going through a list of people telling me what each was going to dress as and he said Colby is going to be a Flasher. Kids are funny!

0 comments:

Post a Comment